If you haven’t seen the press release, we’re excited to share that MAP® Growth won Platinum in the assessment category in the 2017 THE Journal Readers’ Choice Awards. These annual awards pay tribute to the best education technology products and services used by teachers throughout the country. Also interesting to note that no assessment won either a gold or a silver award this past year.
MAP Growth interim assessments give students, parents, and educators more than just a score—these assessments deliver data that can actually be used in real time to make a difference in education. That’s why it’s so crucial that assessments provide actionable and timely data. Data from MAP Growth tests helps educators differentiate instruction based on student readiness, set academic goals with students, and evaluate programs, including professional learning programs.
MAP Growth is used by more than 8,500 schools and districts countrywide and internationally to include more than 10 million students. Here are some of the many reasons MAP Growth has garnered positive attention:
- Educators regularly cite MAP Growth for delivering the most precise, valid, and reliable data on each student’s academic performance, regardless of whether the student performs on, above, or below grade level.
- Because it is computer adaptive, it dynamically adjusts to each student’s performance to create a personalized assessment experience.
- Teachers receive real-time data and easy-to-use reports that identify the specific needs of each student to help inform instruction.
- Partnerships with the greatest number of curriculum providers in the market allow teachers to have the greatest flexibility to use MAP Growth results with their favorite curricula.
- MAP Growth’s ability to track individual student growth through the school year, and over multiple years, means it can help predict each student’s proficiency and college readiness.
- MAP Growth is the first assessment to identify when a student is disengaged from the assessment and notify the proctor, allowing for real-time intervention.
- Recognizing that MAP Growth is most valuable to teachers when they best understand how to use and apply the assessment results, NWEA offers expanded professional learning opportunities to help educators create customized learning pathways for their students.
More than 1,450 technology-using educators participated in the third annual Readers’ Choice Awards, which recognizes the software, hardware, and services they consider most vital and valuable to educating and supporting students. Voters selected the best in 49 specific and extensive product categories.
The post MAP Growth Assessment Receives Platinum Award from THE Journal appeared first on Teach. Learn. Grow..